Monday, November 2, 2009

do they really belong to me?


so, i love my children's names but i know that they are not "fun" or hip or unique. they are good, traditional names that i love. even the two names that are my absolute favorites (you know the ones that when you were a silly little teenager planning your perfect wedding and your perfect future with your one perfect baby boy and one perfect baby girl and their perfect names) and that i think are really cool, are not in actually all that exciting (thanks to grandpop murray, pop speers and margaret mitchell). well, the girls have rebelled (shocking, i know) and have chosen new names for themselves.

meet...fifi and zsa zsa. for real.

14 comments:

  1. Ha! The boy down the street changed his name from Dillon to Jason last summer and all the kids in the neighborhood went along with it - no questions asked! His parents were horrified until he outgrew this particular phase :) hee, hee

    What in the world is jango fett??? Must be a Star Wars thing? Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaa!! i love it!!! zsa zsa is a solid name..i'm all about that!! tell your divas i say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can totally pull off Fifi & Zsa Zsa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like their new names. They are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new names. Can grown ups do it too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can relate.....in third grade I wanted to re-name myself too...I wanted to change it to Billie Jo....I signed all my papers at school that way....my parents wouldn't do though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No support for the ugly couch??? Man, that sucks :) It was the first piece of furniture we bought together and I was pregnant. Once they delivered it I was like "Who picked this out?" Pregnant brain makes bad decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love it! seriously where do they come from?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actresses in the making. Ah ha ha. What cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss.....check out my blog today....I have bestowed and award on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it!!! zsa zsa is a solid name..i'm all about that!! tell your divas i say hello! Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  12. класный блог http://david.at.ua

    ReplyDelete