so i've decided just to post some random thoughts on here today, because i have a lot of them and none of them flow together to make sense.
1. i think i may be ruining my daughters for life. i have three tattoos and i love them. i would totally get more, but don't necessarily always want to look like a tattooed chick (weddings, etc.) so i will probably just stick with three. this has never bothered me before until yesterday. caroline (who we have already established has a problem with writing on herself) was drawing with a pencil while i sat at the computer. i look over and she has the pencil behind her back, so i ask her what she is doing. she tells me "like mommy." then she gets up, traces the tattoo on my back with her pencil, and then starts writing on her back again. great, just what i need, a two year old with a "tramp stamp."
2. the girls got new bikes today and caroline had troble getting on hers. at one point, she looked at me, threw her hands out and said "i no bewieve this!" for real?!?!?! neither do i, actually!
3. katie also got a play microphone today (we were at target with mom mom murray, can you tell?) which has hannah montana on it and sings two lines of a hannah song. without being told who it was, she could identify hannah montana and told cara "is my antana!"
4. when dennis adds "ed" to the end of words, he makes it a seperate syllabyl (sp?) and now so do the rest of us. for example, when he gives me a kiss, he then tells me he did and says "i kiss-ed you!" every single time he kisses me, he tells me this. just in case i miss-ed it, i guess.
5. jack went to preschool for six days in september before he "dropped out." according to him, at the time, he "quit school and haircuts." the other day, i heard him telling thomas a story about when he went to school and how his teachers made him do something. again, for real?!?!? he's telling stories about the experience? he went SIX times and cried like a maniac the entire time!!!!
6. in addition to my random thoughts, lately i have been thinking a lot about crazy things that people say. i have been asked the most bizarre questions and for the most part, i am amazed that people have the gall to say these things to anyone, let alone complete strangers. some of these questions include:
- "who are you in relation to the child?" i was asked this question every time i called my son's doctor's office before i was married. because we had different last names, they asked me every time. it made me crazy.
- my number one, worst question ever, was: "are you marrying your baby's father?" can you imagine if i were to ask people this question in reverse?!?! "oh, is this baby your husband's?" how effed up is that? let's all just assume that i have enough sense to marry the man i had a baby with, okay! thanks. again, i was asked this question on more than one occasion, and by total strangers.
- "oh, is this your first pregnancy?" which is not in itself a bizarre question, by any means, but when the answer is "no these are my fourth and fifth babies, it becomes a little strange.
- "did you plan this pregnancy/were you on fertility treatments?" first of all, what do you care? why would anyone ask a complete stranger this question? and then, look at me for a minute. at the time i was being asked these questions, i had a baby that was not yet 2 and an infant. who would plan that (besides that crazy lady in the news now with 1 kids)? and, if i had those other babies so close together, do i seem like i need fertility treatments? i pretty much AM a fertility treatment, for goodness sake!
- "oh my god, what are you going to do?" this was asked when people found out i was pregnant with twins. i always wished i had the guts to say "actually, we've been looking into black market baby sales and it seems like a good deal. i think we are just going to sell them on the internet." do you think that would have stopped that line of questioning? what can i do? i am going to raise five children, apparently.
- the latest question i find a little crazy is some variation of "how do you get out of the house with everyone dressed and coordinated?" this question doesn't bother me, really, as it is usually asked by other people with young children who experience the same insanity i do, just on a slightly smaller scale. i think it's funny though, because the alternative would be to leave everyone in pajamas at all times and just say, "i'm sorry. i have too many kids. i can't dress them all cute and leave my house in the same day, so here we are." which somedays seems like a really, really good idea. on those days, i usually just cancel the plans and stay in jammies all day. if i have to leave, i will probably show up an hour late. i am apologizing, in advance, for when this happens, because trust me, it will.
for the moment, these are all the random thoughts that are occurring to me as i type. i am sure they're are a million other thoughts that i will have and think, "ugh...i wanted to put that in my blog," but i'll leave it at this for now. who knows, maybe i'll have another random blog again someday.