Monday, March 30, 2009

gross

so, i am sitting here eating a piece of reheated pepper and onion pizza (i picked off all the peppers, though) and logging it in to weight watchers and trying to figure out what i can eat for dinner that only has five points, when cara walks over and says "eww! that goss! yuck!" it's a piece of pizza, for christ sake. i took the green peppers off, didn't i? she eats pizza. how gross could it really be? then i look at her and she is trying to hand me something that looks pretty, well...gross. so now i say "eww! that's gross! what is that in your hand?" this is where i get a little closer and discover that it is a chewed-up and spit out quarter of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (with the crust cut off, of course). she responds with "too much. yucky. here, fo you." thanks anyway, but i'll stick with my "goss" pizza. she defnitely out-grosses me in the what do i have in my hand category.

this gets me thinking, maybe i'll start a list of gross things that cara has handed me lately. because, surprisingly enough, the pb&j regurgitation WAS NOT the worst thing caroline handed over to me today. earlier, while i was talking to meghan on the phone, cara walks over with a poopy diaper IN HER HAND, not on her butt and says "my hiney hurt. boo boo." so i hang up on meghan and yell "what are you doing?! where is all the poop?" to which she says, "right here" and walks over and hands me some of that, too.

it is sometime later now, and baths have been taken, diapers have been changed, children have been dressed and fed, the floors have been swept and vacuumed and i am considering the things cara has given me lately. i actually don't think i will make a list, because now that i have given it some serious thought, the entire list consists of: chewed-up and spit out food products, things involving poop and mail. not much of a list, after all, she does however win the grossest thing in my hand competition for the day. hands down. oh wait...i have just been handed "bobbie's jess" (barbie's dress to the rest of us) with a comment of "eww. goss. bobbie's jess all dirty. here." she just left me with the dress to show her siblings "nakee bobbie." how long do you think it will be before i have a story about that to post on here. right now, the boys are thinking that "nakee bobbie" is pretty "goss."

ahh...the joys of motherhood...

12 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out. i think cara just tries to gross you out. whenever i see her she just shows me how pretty her dress or shoes are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say a big "thank you!" for stopping by my blog today, and signing up to follow me, AND leaving a comment.

    As a fellow mother-of-a-toddler, my own blog is often poop-centric. I'm hoping no one else notices or, if they do, they understand. Joys of motherhood indeed!

    I'm short on time now, but I'll be checking back to read more later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day.

    xoxo-The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. meg, i'm pretty sure cara is your daughter and she just got confused and wound up in my womb by accident. that would explain why cara is so nice to you and why katie isn't. i think katie knows this too and is resentful of having to share her in-utero time with your daughter. you guys can come pick her up at any time. your welcome for giving birth to one of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.

    My daughter goes "Yuck!" when she doesn't like something. Which is most things because getting her to eat is like trying to get Angelina Jolie to stop having more children.

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a mother of five, I uderstand;0)

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of grossness in one post :D

    Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome!! I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)
    carma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, you are really in the trenches! I gotta hand it to you to hold it together amid so much grossness. ;o)

    Welcome to SITS, it's great to have you as a SITSta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I am so glad there are other people who hate working out. Because seriously, whenever I go into the gym it looks like everyone LOVES it and then I start to wonder if there is something wrong with me.

    And I also read US Weekly :) Sometimes I'm embarrassed but I can't help it. I have no drama in my life so I enjoy reading about celebrity drama. Oh, and eventually I want to get an iPod. Right now I don't have one. Eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always get "and" (hand) to which I never want to look at because, well you just never know. Ugh, the things that kids touch and in return that we have to touch. It's all too much!

    Stopping by to say welcome to the SITS community! Hope upi love it as much as we do and can't wait to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kid hands me all kinds of less than appealing things too.

    Welcome to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate trying to figure out WW points at zero hour. Keep on truckin mama!

    ReplyDelete