Wednesday, March 25, 2009

privacy

i have an idea of how i do not like my days to start and this morning's story pretty much sums it up. by 9:30 this morning, tommy had already had to come home from work to let us in the bathroom. thank god he is working in town today and it only took him a couple of minutes to get here. it could have been really ugly otherwise (we only have one bathroom). this all came about because apparently, jack (4 years old) felt the need for privacy in the bathroom. this from the child who no longer lets me SHOWER by myself (he has decided he no longer likes to take baths, only showers, but we only have a shower stall, so he can't manage a shower by himself and if i try to bath him, or try to take a shower by myself, it is a total temper tantrum nightmare from hell). he told me "i just wanted to be alone in the bathroom for a few minutes and everybody always comes in while i am in there." (notice the quotation marks, that is verbatim what he said) OH REALLY!?!?!? i'd probably give an arm to be alone in the bathroom just one time each week. that's it and i still don't get that! apparently, jackie boy decided to lock the bathroom door while he was in there (he must not have shut the door all the way, however) and then when i was coming downstairs i pulled all the doors shut (i do this everytime i am on the second floor as a deterrent for the girls. it doesn't work, but i keep trying). not two minutes later, jack goes storming up the stairs to the bathroom and then starts yelling that he can't get it open. i try to open it with a bobby pin (i must have forgotten that i am not nancy drew) while katie and cara sit on my lap and the boys stand on either side of me. oh yeah, this is gonna be a good morning. can't wait to ssee what the rest of the day holds!

4 comments:

  1. Beth that is too funny, sounds like something Gio would do. One day he thought it would be funny to get in his toy box and not answer me as I ran through the house looking for him...I swear they come with some kind of manual on how to torture you parents!!!!!! I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house for one day...you are an awesome mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor jack, maybe he wanted to flex in the mirror or something. glad you guys can now use the facilities! love the more frequent entries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Private time in the bathroom-what's that??? :) My girls don't think anyone should be in the bathroom by themselves.

    Hi from another mom of 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss privacy in the bathroom. Even if the kids are entertaining themselves the second I have to use the bathroom they suddenly need something.

    ReplyDelete